Veranstaltungen | Hüxstrasse in Lübeck
University Meets Hüxstraße
Research and Studies between shelves and shoeboxes!
Take part in research and instruction between shelves and shoes!
*University Meets Hüxstraße*
*To celebrate its anniversary, Lübeck's university will be holding selected lectures and seminars in downtown Lübeck*
From June 17 to August 18, the shops of Hüxstraße will host eleven (German language) seminars and lectures by professors and lecturers of Lübeck's university, the Universität zu Lübeck. The university lecturers want to offer interested citizens the opportunity to personally experience university teaching.
While the newest research and science findings are regularly presented in Sunday lectures, during the Studium Generale, or at university dialogue events, it is rarely possible for guests to observe teaching lectures. This opportunity is presented with the Hüxstraße events.
Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to participate in discussions, ask questions, and to receive further information about the university.
*We invite you to the following eleven events at Hüxstraße:*
- June 17, 2014, 12:00 – 1:30 p.m., Lars Kewitz Prof. Dr. rer. nat.
Jeanette Erdmann (Institute for Integrative and Experimental
Genomics) Personalized Medicine! Fact or Fiction?
- June 18, 2014, 1:30 – 2:15 p.m., HÜX Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Peter
Hunold (Clinic for Radiology and Nuclear Medicine) An Overview of the
Pump: Medical Imaging of Heart and Vessels
- June 23, 2014, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m., Colibri Prof. Dr. rer. nat Nico
Bunzeck (Institute for Psychology) How Senior Citizens can stay fit
with Video Games
- June 24, 2014, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Jessen-Lenz Prof. Dr. rer.
nat Till Tantau (Institute for Theoretical Computer Science)
Kernelisation: How to Shrink Difficult Problems
- June 25, 2014, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m., Makulatur Prof. Dr. phil.
Christina Schües and Prof. Dr. phil. Christoph Rehmann-Sutter
(Institute for Medical History and Scientific Research) Planned
Children - Where do the Eggs and Semen come from? And what does
Aristotele's procreation theory have to do with the question?
- June 27, 2014, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m., Romeo & Julia Dr. med. Imke
Weyers (Institute for Anatomy) Colourblocking in Histology
- July 4, 2014, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m., Bisbee Prof. Dr. med. Alexander
Münchau (Clinic for Neurology) and Hans-Jörg Kapp (Agency for
Surplus) Speeches of the Infamous - Lettre de Cachet and modern
- July 7, 2014, 12:30 - 2:00 p.m. Bisbee Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Heinz
Handels (Institute for Medical Computer Science) Virtual Reality
Technologies in Medicine
- July 11, 2014, 5:00 - 6:00 p.m., Abessa Dr. med. Imke Weyers
(Institute for Anatomy) Taste - An underestimated Sense?
- July 15, 2014, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Jessen-Lenz Prof. Dr.
Ing. Andreas Schrader (Institute for Telematics) Media Coverage in the
Internet using the example of Online Games and Online Lectures
- July 18, 2014, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m., Ansichtssache Prof. Dr.
rer. nat. Karsten Keller (Institute for Mathematics) Lying and not
Lying with Statistics
We look forward to your visit!